In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Monday, March 1, 2010

Paris!!

Ah, am up to early this morning (0600) and it looks like it will be a nice day here! Temperature already 5 degc, and a forecast of up to 9!! That's the same temperature as the South coast of England today!! I sae my first motorcycle of the season on the road last night coming home from work, and the snow appears to be, well, disappearing some! Another Canadian victory - another winter into the books. Hopefully the old saying about March coming in like a lamb.... and going out like a lion will prove not to be true this year!!! Cross your fingers!!

The 2010 Olympics, now in the history books as the best one ever, especially for Canada as well. Hopefully the hangover pain won't be too brutal, not just from yesterday, but from the entire games themselves. So many people working for such a long time to make it happen. Thank you from all of us, and we hope transition back to 'normal life' will go well.

I entitled this post "Paris" and so it shall be...... what made me think to do more on Paris this morning was reading the world new blurbs that come on my Yahoo mail..... while we have been partying it up here in BC, Europe has received a beating by a very bad winter storm. Many folk dead in France, and some in Spain and Portugal as well. And millions without power. Hoping for a speedy recovery of power for all those affected!! Sad end to a bad winter for that part of the world.

Paris is such a neat place..... it really should be on everyone's "Bucket List" of things to do - you just have to go - so save up your pop cans, and scrape together the "Air Miles" and GO.

I have posted quite a few pics of Paris, and will see if there are a few more which you haven't yet seen..... but in the meantime, I will share with you two websites written about France, and one specifically about Paris. Brilliant reading, beautiful photography, and even recipes!

This one is called "Stuff Parisiens Like" and is written by someone connected with the O Chateau Wine Tasting group - and its not just about wine - it is about everything, and there are recipes on here as well. Worth adding to your daily reading!!

http://www.parisiensalon.com/2009/12/stuff-parisians-like-baguettes-tradition/


And this one, called "Letters from a French Village" is a blog written by autho Zalin Grant, an American journalist living in a 15th century farmhouse in a small village in France. Brilliantly written of course, funny, and also has recipes!!

http://pythiapress.com/letters/letters.htm

Enjoy!!!!