In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Friday, October 1, 2010

Crabbit and Blether.... two great Scots words

Strangely, two t-shirts followed me home from Scotland - both bearing Scots words for two different characteristics - neither which apply to me AT ALL.

I will type out what they say, just in case the words are not legible on the photos I have posted - - -

Crabbit - Dialect, chiefly Scot - adjective 1. ill-tempered, grumpy, curt, dis-agreeable; in a bad mood (esp. in the morning - crickey was this written for ME?) (Often used in "ken this, yer a crabbit get, so ye are"). Noun - See crab - one who by their nature or temperament conveys an aura of irritability. HA. see - doesn't apply to me at all.........

and

Blether - Dialect, cheifly Scot - noun 1. per4son who chatters incessantly, someone who babbles on and on ("That wee yin o' yours is an awfy blether gettin'"). Verb 2. to engage in conversation, long-winded or idle talk (as in "Ah met yer granny doon the toun, we hud a richt guid blether the gither") {see also sweetie-wifie}
Also - obviously has no bearing on me..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The Scots language so rich and descriptive!!!!