In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bright, bright, sunshiny day!

Good morning from Scotland,
Lovely day yesterday, watched the cattle being brought in and penned for the winter,quite a production, and youcan really start to see that the beasts have such different personalities! Been to St. Abbs Head, an absolutey stunning natural area, steep, STEEP cliffs down intothe beautiful blue sea. Quite windy that day, and stayed well away from the edge! Watched a fishing boat making way inthe whitecaps, would have been a very rocky ride!!

Went along to the pub last night, The Craw, just the neatest place, warm people, great company and the gin and tonic good too!!

Country road meandering yesterday and later this morning. Helped pick some plums off the tree for freezing... they are delicious!!

Off to Eyemouth today, coastal fishing village, and perhaps a fish dinner tonight. This is such a beautiful country and the people absolutely the best, warm, friendly, funny... really all that I had ever imagined it would be.

Note of interest- the Pope will be in Glasgow and Edonburgh today, so lots of hoopla and road closures, so will stay well clear of that!!!

Enjoying the pastoral beauty,
Michelle, the mellow traveller

PS will try to post some pics tonight!!