In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Travel Day - September 12, 2010

So the day has finally come to start my journey to Scotland! Proud, as always to be travelling as a Canadian (Strong and Free, Denise!!) especially when it seems tensions in the world are on the rise again, with intolerance sparking even more intolerance. The 9th anniversary of the 9/11 catastrophe being fresh in everyones minds, and the provocative buring of Korans in the US set the stage for tension today.

My own tension - recall I do not care much for flying, LOL. Not enough to keep me from doing it.... but......!

So the bags are all packed, and it wasn't as bad as it has been before. I take along with me some really great swag from "Strong and Free" - check out Denise's site at www.StrongandFreeEmblem.com, a beautiful emblem which for me really captures what I feel it is to be Canadian.

Thank you to all who helped me prepare for the trip! Will do my best to take you along on the blog, all the way from the south in The Borders of Scotland to Lands End in the North at John O'Groats (for those who follow the Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman trip - the Long Way Down - this was their starting place on a ride to Cape Town South Africa). Then all over to see the sights, and to the Western side to meet up with my relatives Maureen and Reid Ross. A quiz night in Darvel, and family!

The back to London, for three nights just sightseeing, riding the tube, etc in one of the very greatest cities in the entire world!!

As always, I feel totally blessed to be able to go, and thank my kids for allowing their mama to go off and have these experiences.

On my way at 4:30 pm, PST ----- touchdown in Edinburgh at 1810 BST 13 Sept (1010 am PST 13 Sept)

Will close with a quote from one of my favourite Scots (Ewan McGregor) - -


"I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment, it's where I should be - and luckily it's where I find myself!"
Ewan MacGregor - The Long Way Round