In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Monday, September 27, 2010

Farewell to Scotland, for now


I write with a heavy heart today, as I take my leave and fly to London, then in a few days home. Thrilled of course to be moving towards home and hearth - friends and family... and kitties. But unwilling to let go of Scotland and its people..... fantastic.... friendly.... funny....... hardworking...... wise...... warm........ so many words but just not descriptive enough for the place and her people. The love affair I have been carrying on with Scotland for as long as I can remember will continue of course, stronger and more assured now that I have been here, felt the wind and the sea spray on my face, gazed in awe at heather covered hills, and travelled its windy roads - coming upon beautiful scene after beautiful scene at every turn. And the people, weel - they have marked my heart indelibly, and I really canna wait to return. :)