In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Sunday, September 12, 2010

YVR!

Greetings from Canada's best big city - Vancouver!
(never mind that their hockey team is CRAP...!)

So have been lounging in the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - enjoyed a lovely dinner of oriental beef with rice, had a muffin, and a drink.... ok, that's not totally true - several drinks (ok I am really on dark rum and coke #3.....)

Feeling much more relaxed about flying - just decided that I am being ridiculous, and really, took a firm hand with myself there. OR, if truth be told, the rum has helped maybe a teensy tinesy bit...... hahahahahaha.

55 minutes until I board the aircraft bound for London Heathrow (hey, time enough for one more rum - wahoo!). Hoping, as always for a quiet flight (NO patients), and a good movie to watch on the way. Maybe this one will work out well and my body really will believe it should be asleep...... and them with any luck I WILL be asleep....

Gotta love the International wing of the airport (hehehe no pun intended), so many different people - interesting cultures and many different languages. Cool to see tourists going back home loaded up with bags of maple syrup (seriously though, does anyone LIKE that stuff??), stuffed teddy bears with Olympics hats on, and the inevitable t-shirts and all. Hopefully someone at the Edinburgh airport will think I am as adorable - armed with a bagful of teddy bears shaped like haggis, adorned with a Scotch bonnet, and a bagful of Scotch.........

Well I see time is indeed passing and I have to reasemble the carry on bag - stow the laptop, figure out how to turn my blackberry to no data roaming, and find my shoes which have migrated under the chair.... somewhere....... what the heck?!? I am sure all the high class folk who frequent this lounge rue the day that commoners such as myself could just BUY a pass and come into the inner sanctum.... hehehehe power to the people I say!!!

I can't quite do the math (that's the rum I think....) but I leave here in 50 minutes..... get into LHR at... sometime tomorrow, hop the flight to Edinburgh, if I can make the terminal change and organize a boarding pass in time... and finally will set my feet upon Scottish soil at around 1810 tomorrow, British Summer Time. Remember that's 8 hours ahead of us in time. I suppose really it will be the Scottish lino first in the airport, then the concrete of the road... but soon after I will find some actual Scottish soil, or maybe even grass, and put both my feet and my hands upon it. Can't wait really.

So, dear readers, I will update as soon as I can, remember I am electronically challenged and have a hard time sussing out networks...... but update I will!!

So... I will speak with you next in Scotland.... or London, if I can't make the connection hahahahahaha.