In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Sunday, January 24, 2010

T = 8 days.... and counting!

Well, Sunday morning here after an excellent sleep...... woke up feeling energetic (well, almost!) and working on my 'to do' list........

Buy nylons (blech)...... can't I just wear tights or nothing at all?? LOL - who invented nylons anyway??

Make a trip to LUSH, for some nice bath products to take along......

Pay some household bills......

Chase down some BC Ambulance stickers and or pins to take along for riding third with Southampton Ambulance Service...... am hoping they won't have me go with a motorcycle medic, hanging on to the back for dear life!!!! Mind you.... that would be a different way to see things!

Look at current clothes - - - - decide what to take - - - - and more importantly, decide what NOT to take (I ALWAYS overpack)..... I mean really, how many coats does one need? 7 or 8???

Decide if current clothes are adequate..... are they ever?? Shop to cover inadequacies..... (in clothing I mean!)

Figure out if I really need some trampy shoes........ J, do I really???? If yes, break with personal tradition of eschewing such things and buy some......oh, and note to self...... bring band aids to cover the blisters after I wear these!! (Just because I am a paramedic doesn't mean I always have a band aid WITH me!!)

Find those little electrical adapter thingys that I bought a while ago..... where DID I put them??

Organize the garage.....

Figure out nightwear...... have made a firm decision NOT to bring those devastatingly cute red and white flannel ones I wear at the station!! (Warm - yes, attractive - NO!)

Look at the itinerary again........ and smile, and sigh happily ......... again........ and see if I can figure out how to post a modified version of it here!

Ooooh, I digress..... clearly my mind is less on the logistics of the trip and the bits and pieces of things to be put in place..... than it should be, and more on....... well, never mind! Hmmmmm.