In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, January 28, 2010

T minus 3-3/4!

OK!!
Have gathered all I can of - BCAS pins/crests/pens, RCMP, pins/pens/other cool things, Canada pins, BC pins, and Prince George pins (thanks Afton for having the patience to track these down!), and of course - maple syrup! (Does anyone actually eat this stuff? Or do we just buy it and give it away to others????) Small suitcase is all packed up, mostly things I will be taking over and leaving........... (it weighs 42 pounds.......hey.... room to spare!!). The larger one stands ready to receive (hopefully) less than 50 pounds of the rest..... clothing, ditties, shoes, etc etc. Thank goodness for suitcase scales, I won't be rearranging the contents at the boarding gate in the airport!

Wow, so time does indeed march on, even if you're excited and think time will never pass...... and yet it does. Next week at this time I may well be eating fish and chips and getting excited to go to Quiz night at the pub! Hopefully I will contribute in a positive way and not shame the entire nation! Reviewing trivial questions - are there 206 bones in the human body? Or is it 209??? (And LORD, if there is a question about anything Canadian, PLEASE let me know the correct answer.... crickey, I should study!!!!). No pressure at all. Should be fun. Yikes. Gulp!! Good thing it is held in a pub..... I can blame alcohol for lack of complete brilliance har, har, har!

So did pick up some British pounds at the bank today. Was lucky - they actually had a few..... apparently you have to order these ahead of time! Who knew??? Also bought a roll of brand new 'Lucky Loonies' which are soooo pretty!!! (oh, note to self - - research the Lucky Loonie thing so as to sound half way intelligent when relaying this story - no one will really believe we freeze them into our ice rinks anyway!!)
Check it out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_1_dollar_coin#The_lucky_loonie

Anyway, getting ready for the trip has been a lot of fun, and has been a treat to get to know about my own country even more, as I venture forth to represent us, as a Paramedic, and a proud Canadian. If a video clip ever appears on here with me singing 'O Canada', you will know that my patriotism has completely overwhelmed me - and you really should stop reading/listening and log off, for your own protection!!!! I am not one of the 'singing paramedics' !!!!

Enough drivel. Back to folding laundry. :)

PS: Is longer now Albina!!!!!