In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friday morning!

I have caught up with my e-mails and the blog. Didn't manage to take any pictures yesterday, did try to take some nighttime shoreline pics, but guess I was not in the correct mode!!

With all this crazy volcanic ash, you would think you would be able to see the stuff.... but even at Heathrow yesterday - busiest airport in the world - it didn't look any different. Maybe just a little hazy. Was curious about that, and watched the BBC news this morning to see if there is an explanation. Apparently, this ash plume is at about 18,000 feet. The disruption, in full or in part, will be a problem for some time. It does appear that in the next day or so some flights may be allowed to come or go from Belfast in Northern Ireland, and Glasgow, Scotland. Obviously following the problem with some interest, and of course COMPLETELY grateful that I got in.... so many stranded all over Europe. There was a point on the flight at which it was said we might have to detour and land in Paris or Prague. Well.... there are worse places to be diverted to!!

Have a cottage booked for 2 nights in the Dorset area, in a place called Bridgeport (or Brideport... will check later), and I am looking forward to watching the football game in at Yeovil tomorrow - a Saints away game! Go Saints!! I have the picnic back pack organized, and off I will go! Let's hope they have some wireless for me...... so I can keep you up to date and share some pics!

Well, jet lag is telling a little, though much better than the first time I came over. Think I will go back to bed for a little while, to be ready to go for later!!