In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Greetings from the beautiful Isle of Wight

So, get your google on, and google the Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England. Magical. Wonderful. Friendly. Awe inspiring.
I took the ferry Friday evening from Southampton to the Isle of Wight. The crossing, just an hour at sea, calm and sunny. Passed by the refinery at Fawley (Exxonmobil). Gigantic place.....biggest refinery in Europe.... cool to see all the ships lined up at the marine terminal either bringing products, or picking them up.....

Lots of lovely sailboats out in the Solent as well, a really pretty evening! After finding the way to the hotel in Sandown called The Lawns, I explored the room and enjoyed the view of the white cliffs. Was outstanding to watch the sky change and darken, and the lights come on..... hmmmmmmmmmmm

Enjoyed a bagette sandwich for dinner in the room with a bottle of Sangria and creme brulee...... hmmmmmmmm..... a quiet and beautiful night ~ closing a wonderful evening with a midnight walk down to where thought the seaside was..... (oops made one wrong turn...)

Had a nice slow start to the say, a tasty breakfast at the hotel and then off to the summer market at Ryde. My friend bought some lovely lettuce plants, and has the beginnings of a really nice little garden! The plants came on tour with us, walking down to the seaside in Ryde, and back up the hill, stopping for a chocolate confection at the Chocolate Apothecary. Really enjoyed strolling around and just being there.

Then off to the Lavendar Farm - yes, its true, there is a LAVENDAR farm here on the Island.... really..... does it get better than that?????????? OK, maybe it does, if you visit said farm, then go and have a picnic lunch overlooking the sea on a cliff... with wine, good olive oil, bread, cheeses, grapes, pickles, and balsamic vinegar, and then have a nap on the picnic blanket listening to the sea....

Have headed back to the hotel for another nap (yes.... life is tough, I agree....)

So, I shall rouse myself briefly to hie to the luxurious bathroom with clawfoot tub, which I believe has lavendar scented bubbles and hot water already awaiting me...... I shall soldier on..... har har har.....

Tonight's plan to go to the town of Ventnor which is a world heritage site for dinosaur fossils - the Jurrasic coastline...... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.