In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Monday, February 22, 2010

Beaulieu Palace

I visited the town of Beaulieu quite a few times..... so beautiful, would have difficulty declaring a favourite town, but if I was pressed, I would say (so far) it is Beaulieu. There is a castle there (built 1204), still inhabited by the Lord and Lady Montagu (since 1538), and somewhere around there apparently Mark Knopfler formerly of Dire Straits has an estate as well. It was fun to speculated on which estate was his as I looked across the estuary at the grand houses :) Have to admit I did not figure out which one it was.....!!

When I were there, the abbey (1203), which is situated close to the castle was closed, but we did peak through the gates, both of the castle and the abbey. Pics are posted here. But, for more information, here are some Wikipedia links as well.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaulieu,_Hampshire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaulieu_Palace_House

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaulieu_Abbey

I enjoyed walking through the woods, and along the shore in Beaulieu, and I am sure if you have been looking through the pics you have noticed that there are quite a few from there. A beautiful place. Maybe I should see if they need another paramedic there........ I wouldn't even mind working for free!!! I could sign on as a serf!!!!