In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Saturday!! Doin' London!

Saturday was a great fun day, busy, seeing this vibrant, crazy, colourful, fun city of London! So much history here, on every street corner it seems, and also new growth, and exciting things to see.



We started the day on London's Underground (the tube) and found our way to the start of the Big Red Bus Tour, which took us all around London with a commentary to hear all the details of the worlds most famous sights. The Tower of London. St. Pauls Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, The London Bridge, Big Ben, The London Eye - - so many!!



Stopped at St. Pauls and spent time walking around admiring this beautiful cathedral - -absolutely stunning..... words cannot describe the beauty of the work done in this church......... and pics were not allowed, tho I did buy some postcards. Went to see the crypt part of the church as well, many notables buried here, one being Lord Admiral Nelson.



Went to dinner, at the Blue Elephant - which is Thai food. Lush, beautiful plants, and koi ponds surround you as you enjoy this magnificent dinner.... we enjoyed the Royal Thai selection, which included many things to try, just a couple bites, to give one the chance to try more things. I was more adventurous than usual..... and tried lamb, and a few spicy things - all very very tasty and I enjoyed trying the new things!! Was a real treat of an evening!



Then we went out to a traditional English Pub downtown, and enjoyed a beer chatting with friendly folk. Gave away some of the Canada pins here, and just really enjoyed the ambiance!!



Off now to get to the Tower of London... hopefully they wont throw me in the dungeon there!!



Be here in London tomorrow until 2 or so, then off to Paris on the Eurostar Train through the chunnel!!