In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday

Cool day here on the southcoast of England........ and last full day here for me.

Walked down to the waterfront this morning and walked way out onto the Hythe Pier to take the ferry across to Southampton to do a little shopping and look around the city. Was interesting to walk around the old walls of Southampton, which has forever been an important sea port. Lots of interesting ships were docked today - a car carrier, and maybe even a weapons ships docked at the military part. Lots of tug boats at the ready.

Visited the Titanic museum on Southampton dock, where Titanic left on her disastrous voyage from. Very good display, and interesting film clip as well. Made my way back to Hythe via ferry, and enjoyed the little railroad train ride back from where the ferry docks - the train runs along the pier to the shore.

Then off to Calshot beach to walk along and see the beach huts, and collect some pretty rocks and shells. Drove along in some tiny little in's and outs to see the houses and enjoyed seeing the countryside.

Another quick trip to Beauleui to visit a shop I had been eyeing something in, and then a visit to the old churchyard there...... beautiful!!!

Will try to blog tomorrow, but it may be difficult - 0830 leave Hythe for London, Heathrow, and 1300 board the flight to Vancouver. Will try to drop a line to say all is well, but don't panic if you don't hear :)

All things being equal, should be back in Prince George by 11:30 pm 16 Feb.

Hope you have enjoyed journeying along with me :)