In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dorset Adventure - from reclamation to pirates to tank maneouvers!!

So!!! Breakfast in room at hotel this morning, yummy coconut yogurt ~ love British yogurt better than Canadian~!!!!

Then ! Off to Bere Regis to see the Dorset Reclamation site, but!! Detour!! Missed the sign and ended up in Dorchester!! What a beautiful town..... from the organic bakery (where I bought a roast veggie foccacia bread to go, to the tea room where they wore charming wait staff hats, to the cornish pasty making shop (mmmmmmmm... we shared one as we walked around the high street, and ooogled the churches.... St. Peters built in the `1600's and.... amazing a beautiful... full of history and spectacular buildings.

Went for a scenic drive of Dorchester, admiring all the beautiful buildings, and finding our way back to Bere Regis, given directions by an old doll on the street..... she knew precisely where we needed to go, and told me so :)

On arriving at Dorset (remember - Dair-asett) reclamation works... I had an immediate physical response.... ok, a happy one... as I entered the store and gained permission to gander about and admire the things ..... Oh My God......... a decorators paradise... Paul Zanette... you simply must come here........spent an hour admiring the neat things....
Immediately after I headed for The Worlds End...... Pub.... did a photo op (see photos) and then off to the Durdle door at Lulworth town, which is a chalk headland, undergoing erosion, and looks like a stone donut, where the sea can pass through it. The slope down to it was a little steep... I jammed out :) Too cold for this Canadian girl hahahahaha, or just lazy at that time of day...
Enjoyed a windy drive back to the World's End, and a fab dinner beside a fireplace. MMMM. Lovely. Super friendly staff everywhere.... contrary to what I have been told to expect :)

Came on back to the Pilgrims Inn at Hythe, for one last night on this pretty room, and four poster bed.

Off to London tomorrow on the train!