In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

Hello from Thursday morning in Paris!! Yesterday a whirlwind of completely amazing sights and experiences...... a wine and cheese tasting and lesson in an underground 'cave' wine cellar, given by a winemaker....... very informative, and delicious! Fun to learn more, and have the excuse to drink in the middle of the day!!

Following the wine, made my way to the Louvre Museum...... 16 KILOMETERS of displays....... needless to say, one takes in the highlights here, you would need a week solid to see just the Louvre...... saw the Mona Lisa, and yes, she does have a secret smile :) Also saw the Last Supper, and Venus de milo statue....... phenomenal.........

Came back to the hotel for a short rest, and then off to the Eiffel Tower at night..... spectacular...... cannot describe how it sparkles and the effect that has...... walked all around it, and even stood directly under it......

Enjoyed a drink close to the tower and then headed back for dinner at home of delish tomatoes, fresh basil and bread from the market, two cheeses, some pepper sausage and some very good red wine ~ meals 'at home' have been phenomenal!!

So off to see more sights today in Paris, and then back to London on the Eurostar around 5 pm, and from London centre to Hythe afterwards. So will be in transit after 5, and will probably not be able to blog tonight.

Tomorrow is my ride along with Southampton Ambulance Service, so will be tied up doing that from 0800-1800.... looking forward to it!!