In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday -

London - - - exhilarating, exciting, extraordinary........ an unbelievable place and time :)

Enjoyed a slow morning, reading the Sunday paper, out to see the sights by 10 am.....

Tower of London - a lovely place to visit...... wouldn't want to be compelled to stay as a guest....... out of the 7 royalty executed there, 3 were QUEENS........!!! Yikes.......
Dungeons, dragons, and Crown jewels...... WOW WOW WOW...... you have to see to even begin to believe the depth and weight of history here.........

Up the river without a paddle..... jets actually :) all the way to Greenwich to see the actual longitude 0000........ and the clock which sets the standard time for the entire world. Yes - -I said the entire WORLD. Picture to follow.

Came across, entirely by accident and happy coincidence, a place called the painted room - housed in the former Naval Academy building in Greenwich...... like thinking you are walking into a plain building, and finding the Sistine Chapel....... unbelievable....... you must see.

Walking in the rain, hot coffee in a funky Italian bistro, catching the last boat out, and watching the London waterfront light up before you. Unbelievable.

Jamie Oliver's 15 restaurant........... UNBELIEVABLE.

Pretty tired and inarticulate now......

Off to Paris tomorrow afternoon.......... au reviour and good night!!