In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Monday, February 1, 2010

Dateline - - The Maple Leaf Lounge, Vancouver Airport

First hop in the trip done, good flight from Prince George, smooth and quick. Arrived into YVR just a few minutes late, and found my way to The Maple Leaf Lounge pronto. Just enjoyed a complimentary fresh lunch of lovely veggies, dip, multigrain roll, soup, and have so far have indulged the complimentary FULL bar only for a diet coke...... that is about to change...... after I spied the giant bottle of Crown Royal Rye...... all FREE!! Yikes!!

Obviously, there is also free Internet connectivity here, and so here I am, writing more drivel!!!

I am perched in a comfy chair, sitting looking out the floor to ceiling, feet up on the low window sill, watching the aircraft come and go. Busy place!! Have been very entertained by the cargo handlers and their maneuvering of the baggage cart-trains - the biggest was 7 huge big baggage bins, towed by a little roller-skate-like vehicle, he had to weave his way through all the other cart-trains, and was a little like watching a kid play with a toy train - only life size! He skillfully manoeuvred his train all around, until the last one caught the corner of a parked set of bins...... he didn't even pause, just kept going!! Hit and run at the airport........ at least we now know why flying might be hard on luggage HAHAHAHHAHAH. Anyway, something to be amused by while waiting. In the lounge here, there are bins of newspapers from all around the world, I stopped counting at 20 different ones, a full computer and office centre, two full bars, a snack bar, and a full buffet that is continuously refreshed. And its quiet, and secure. Very nice!! It is how the upper eschelon fly.... and those of us who are willing to pay the extra $55 to enjoy the luxury for the day hanging at the airport. Highly recommend it as an experience!!

Have some pictures to add, flying above the cloud level was beautiful this morning!

The journey continues around 1800, with the boarding of the direct flight from YVR to London Heathrow! I think I will go investigate that bar......... and yes, I do know what time it is!!!!