In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Southampton ~ and all!

Almost noon here, and you all will still be sleeping! Funny to be on the other side of this time zone!

Went out to watch some local football last night - ..... very hardcore players - they all played in the pouring rain! I sat for a bit on the bench and watched, and then bailed for the car, and watched from inside :) Jet lag was telling on me a little, kept falling asleep with my head against the side window!!

Went out for take away fish and chips, and brought it here to the hotel - was very tasty - decadently ate dinner on the bed and watched hilarious British cooking show - two hairy guys on motorcycles who can cook? Was very funny!

Had a little trouble sleeping last night, bed is very comfy, just felt a little like having done a night shift and was over tired.

Went into Southampton today, zoomed around the big mall there and did a little car tour, to try and get my bearings...... it will take a little longer!! Is very beautiful here, lots of history, character buildings, and lots going on! Finally located a bank machine that would recognize my bank card (whew!), and am now back at the hotel for a rest. I will.... right after this!!

So will be out and about later this afternoon, and promise to start taking some pictures!

And Karen, later tonight will post what all when on over the Atlantic on the Air Canada Flight - I wonder if those IV starts would count?? LOL...... the doctors kit they carry is really quite good btw!!! And really, if you are going to look after someone sick on an overseas flight.... you should do it in first class!! Will post a pic of THAT!!! (the seating, not the poor sick gentleman!)

Anyway, will write more later..... I am supposed to be sleeping :)

Things are going very well ~ am enjoying !