In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Memories of Jamie Oliver's Fifteen

Jamie Oliver's Restaurant 'Fifteen London"

I enjoyed a wonderful evening at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen in London on 7 Feb 2010. I begged a menu off the waiter and brought it home as a keepsake and to share the things I had.
(For those who are dying to know....... no, Jamie Oliver wasn't there in person, even if he had been - darn it!!)

So hopefully I won't mess up all the Italian names for things....... but here it is - - -

Dining Room Tasting Menu

To start-

Kenny's freshly baked rosemary foccacia with Puglian olives and salami

Insalate

Brushetta of beautiful Italian greens, mozzarella di bufala Campana, chilli, capers, and Selvapiana (M had)

Freshly picked and dressed Cornish crab with grilled polenta, Trevisano tardivo and lemon aioli
(P had)

Primi

Risotto (vialone nano) of honey roasted parsnips, red onion, tarragon, and San Patrinagno pecorino (M had..... DELISH!!!!)

Agnolotti of Welsh Lamb, mint, and marscapone in a roast garlic and thyme butter broth
(P had)

Secondi

Crespelle - savory pancakes filled with ricotta, crown prince squash and sage with Belazu balsamic and Parmesan
(M had)

Pot-roasted rare breed pork from Pete Gott's farm cooked in balsamic, radicchio and bay, with oozy wet polenta, cime di rapa and pan juices (P had)

Dolci e Formaggi

Amaretto panna cotta with red wine poached pears and homemade biscotti
(M had)

Two choices of cheese - - I am not game to type all these weird and wonderful names!
(P had)

We also tried each and every cocktail on Jamie's menu - hic hic - and was a mighty good thing we were not driving home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really was a lovely meal, and Jamie did not disappoint..... though I have to say, and you may think it arrogant of me...... but my rosemary foccacia is better :) Hey, I wouldn't say it if it weren't true!!!

I loved the meal, and the ambiance there, and of course, the people watching!!

Now, I will try to track down the menu from the Blue Elephant Thai restaurant.... which was phenomenal!!