In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Recovery and continuation!

Hi all, so have gotten back into my own time zone, and my own little world. Such an amazing trip!

I am going to flesh out the blog some, add more to it from the experiences I had on the trip, as often there was not enough time to blog, as I was doing!!! Will share some internet sites from the places we visited, so you might explore then as you wish.

Feel like this trip, as others I have taken, is a little like a Polaroid picture (remember those?? Pre-digital camera days lol) - the picture is taken, and it takes time to develop and show through all its colours, flavours, and textures.......

Having worked on my pictures when returning home, I realized how full a journey I had...... I think I am recovering still!! And yet, I will never let go of the feelings and excitement of all that took place. Can't wait to share!

So I hope you will enjoy the continuation.

I have been busy getting life back to normal here, but also have been spending a little time searching out the websites from some of the very cool places we went. I will share what I find and hope you will enjoy seeing them.

The first day in Paris, I went for a lunch at a corner restaurant - wish I had taken note of where, I was totally turned around direction-wise, and had a delicious lunch. I ordered a starter of something called 'tomato mayonnaise' which turned out to be a large tomato, cut in the manner of an onion blossom (cut almost all the way through, but still intact) resting on a bed of butter lettuce, with a fantastic vinaigrette or some kind......... delish!! I thought I could hop onto the web when I got home and do a little research and turn up with a recipe....... hmmmm..... easier said than done - there are millions of 'authentic French vinaigrette' recipes on the web........ So. I searched out the very cool Epicerie called Spring which I visited and loved, run by two gentlemen from San Francisco.... and have asked their advice on a recipe. We'll see if they can help!!

I was shocked when I googled Spring Epicerie, Paris to see that they are famous chefs from the States...... and ...... well, I was in the presence of Foodie royalty when I was there :)

They don't appear to have their own site yet, but to get a flavour of who Spring is, you could try:

http://megzimbeck.com/2009/11/spring-boutique-opens-is-mobbed/

and
http://springparis.blogspot.com/2010/01/introducing-joshua-b-adler.html

What a cool, cool place........ Peter and I enjoyed tasting olive oils there, buying wine, cheeses, and a killer black pepper sausage..... hmmmmmmmmmm.

Will share a good vinaigrette recipe if I do track one down.......

So, stay with me if you will, as I more fully articulate this wonderful, dream-like adventure, which continues :)