In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Saturday, February 6, 2010

On the Move!

Checked out of the beautiful Pilgrim Inn at Hythe, and headed off to Southampton Train Station to take rail to London. Very comfortable trains, super smooth and fast. Loved sweeping through the beautiful, green countryside, and seeing it from a different view than from the highway. The London Train station terminus is MASSIVE.......... a little disorienting, with so many lines coming together at one place........!!

From London Rail station straight onto the Underground (Tube) system, which was a blast to navigate, with overhead messages updating slow and disabled lines...... was like solving a puzzle! Everything moves so swiftly, was quite exhilarating to make the hops and change lines and actually get where you are going!!!! It takes some amazing (and patient) navigating!!

Made my way to the Ibis Hotel at Aldgate (more very polite staff at the hotel!) and after a quick change of room several additional pillows were rounded up and kept for later. A quick wash and brush up before heading down to the bar for a couple of SOCO's and cokes (nice!). Back up to the room to get dressed up for the Wicked show tonight. Time was a little tight and so had a quick bar snack at the hotel to keep me going before heading out into the night and back into the under ground system to Victoria station to find the theatre.

Wicked - - - was WICKED!!! Fabulous, incredible, and magical!! Loved it.....! And the Apollo Victoria Theatre was outstanding....... beautiful architecture....... some art deco touches.... really an amazing experience!!

Back on the tube home to the hotel, then out for a late night walk and a stop over for Indian food (yes, really!) enjoyed trying some new tastes!

Nice sleep at the Ibis hotel, comfy bed, and a home made breakfast in the room as I had found a small convenience store around the corner, and had the picnic set. So, Alpen and yogurt and banana fr breakfast, update the blog, and then off to see the sights in London!! Will take lots of pics today!! Perhaps the queen will have me round for tea, but so far no invitation has arrived... perhaps she has not been informed of my arrival!!!!

London is a really amazing city - - - so much to do and see!!! And the underground (tube) is a ton of fun as well..... makes me feel like I was on the amazing race!!

M