In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Antibiotic Guidelines CDC 2010 - Cholera

For the medicos out there, I described the fluid resuscitation phase previously, and meant to add the antibiotic guidelines as well. So here they are:
(For your interest, and if any one you know ever comes down with it....)

Adults
Doxycycline 300 mg X 1

Pregnant women
Azithromycin 1000 mg X 1

Children (4 to 14 year)
Doxycycline 100 mg X 1

Infants (0 to 3 years)
Erythromycin 12.5 mg/kg qid x 3 days

Zinc
Adults 20 mg daily x 10 days
Infants 1-2 years 10 mg daily X 10 days