In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Creative Night

Hi all,
I am sure you have picked up the rhythm of my days and nights, I never really think I have much to say when I take a moment to write, and then it seems to pour out.

The 20 year old lady who was so very sick two nights ago looks much better. I am so relieved that she lives. She still has quite a recovery ahead, but it's a recovery all the same. Very gratifying. :)

All the Haitian staff are listening to small radios again tonight. Because I don't speak Creole (yet...) the announcer just sounds angry.

Has been reasonably quiet tonight, and the medical staff has turned its hand to some creative colouring lol. Each kid on the pediatrics ward gets a fancy-lettered hand-coloured name plate, complete with their name (what a surprise ha ha ha), their age, and how much they weigh. If the night stays as quiet, perhaps the adults will each get one too. If it comes to the point where they are making those for staff I will know it is time to GO!! I am ok with the name and age thing.... But the weight? That's just not right!!!!

Arts and Crafts night has continued with the creation of a disco ball - yes, the Cite Soleil CTC is stylin' now!!! Photo to follow. :) such a creative group!!!!!

Michelle