In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Crazy Doings....

Hi All,

I write to you from the comfort of my lovely single bunkbed. Patient-wise it was a quiet night, but there was a shooting on the other side of the fence beside the clinic last night. Also some threat from gang members hanging close to the fence to try to kidnap an ex-pat. That's us. So security was hopping last night and day crew was late coming in because of the threat. On the way home, a police roadblock stopped us right beside the Cite Soleil slum, there was some issue with one of our outrider motorcylist's permits. Many people materializing to see what was going on. Police with machine guns, and many people milling. A bit nerve wracking.

Have one more night at Cite Soleil. Pray it will be a peaceful one. This one has left me jumpy and tense. Hoping for a good sleep now and a better outlook tonight.

Michelle