In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Patient Transportation


Forgive me for posting this image, it is one from the internet and not one I captured myself. I feel it should be here because it illustrates a few things. In Haiti the modes of transportation are varied, and they do not enjoy the same ease in transporting the sick as we all do. I have seen folk transported to our CTC in tap taps (a common mode of transport in Haiti), being carried, walking, by red cross stretcher - any way they can be. I have no doubt they have arrived by wheelbarrow as well. The Haitian people have so many challenges in their everyday lives.... and they rise to them. Bless them.