In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Slept alright, very nice hotel in Dallas, bed just like a cloud..... Hmmmmm. Woke up every hour to be sure had not missed flight yet, ha ha ha. Beautiful big buffet breakfast, but wee butterflies in tummy made it difficult to be too interested. Bummer!!

Met a lovely couple from Calgary at the airport, both going to Haiti - she is an RN who has already been in November, and he is the Communications Director for Samaritans Purse in Calgary. Their first mission trip together. We had a nice chat in the Dallas airport before boarding the plane. I am just now seated on the plane waiting to go. Made me feel quite a bit better to have made a connection.

There is an older lady travelling in the seat in front of me who is enroute to head up a group of men building a church in Columbia. She noticed my medic t-shirt and we chatted about our different destinations. Everyone is so positive and excited. And, I am not the only one who is nervous. :)

Have been told that communication from Haiti is very sketchy so please don't worry if my messages are sporadic.

I am excited and looking forward to doing what I can.

Love you all, and thanks for praying for me, the team, and the people of Haiti as we approach the one year anniversary of the earthquake. (Jan 12)

Let's DO this thing!! When I get unsure I can, I will put on my ipod and play the theme music from the movie 'The Guardian' called Never Let Go (Bryan Adams). When you are missing me, look it up on the internet and play it REALLY loud. And for Ben, I will listen to another one from The Guardian called Run me in the dirt (throwdown) which is a good pump up and get going tune.

And for Robin, I will listen to
Dancing on the Moonlight, Van Morrison!

So, will write when I can, ok?