In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hi All,

Well an easy day of well connected flights and now in at Hampton Inn Dallas Fort Worth. Repacked my bag, had dinner, and now into the bath soon.

As we flew there was coming into DFW airport the most incredible sunset, and the lights of the city looked like billions of twinkling diamonds across the land. Very pretty.

Met up with two Samaritans Purse travellers from Calgary just briefly at the airport, but we are staying at different hotels, too bad.

Had been quite worked up at home getting ready. Feel some better now that I am on the move.

Watching Forrest Gump on TV while repacking, which felt so right.

Was pleased with the article in the Prince George Citizen which came out this morning and saw it at the airport. Air Canada didn't make me pay the additional overweight baggage fee (for my bag, not for me.... Ha ha ha ha) because the supervisor said I was a humanitarian aide worker and so I saved 50 bucks. So that was nice. :)

Went for a walk tonight out around the hotel, is about 15 degc, very lovely, warm with a cool breeze. Hmmmmm. Was just wearing my a shirt and jeans. The outdoor pool is open here and I am sure if there were Canuck kids with me they would be in the pool enjoying.

I did not partake as I havent been through Samaritans Purse diet camp and cholera centre. Perhaps when I get back....... Har har har

Enjoyed seeing so many nice flowers around the pool tonight. Sure miss those colours in the winter. The trees have buds on them, so for Texas, it looks like Spring is almost here.

So the journey progresses. Feel good that we are flying from here to Miami to pick up more folk going to Haiti.

So with any luck, there will be another comminique tomorrow from Haiti, if the blackberry works.

Thanks for all your prayers, good wishes, and interest in this venture. I will do my best.

Michelle xxxxx