In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Food......

Eating here is an experience!!

There is a mess tent at the compound and the Haitian ladies cook. Always lovely smells coming from there!! So far the heat, humidity, and just getting into the swing of camp life has pretty much killed my appetite. I am sure it will return, lol, it has never let me down before har har har!

Last night spaghetti, meat sauce, mango juice, and pineapple (the best I have EVER had)

There is a hot cooked breakfast in the morning if you get back in time.

As there are no cooking facilities at the Cite Soliel site, we have been blessed with cartons and cartons (and cartons) of what is called MRE's - meals ready to eat. I have one in the staff lounge (ok, its really a old railroad car with some chairs in it) ready to try. it is a packet which looks a lot like a brick..... and apparently it heats itself. Huh. If I get hungry enough I will see what it is like. The MRE offering tonite is vegetarian cheese tortolini. Huh. I am sceptical!!!!

Will let you know how that goes... hmm what I wouldn't give for a cold diet coke (there is NONE here gakk!) and a plateful of Jennifer's shrimp pita pesto mini pizzas!!!!!! (Drools quietly)

Maybe it is time to hatch the MRE and take the plunge!!

Michelle