In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The eve of departure

Hello all,
The time has gone so fast, and yet dragged at the same time. Crazy media stuff attended to, and packing almost complete, I am physically ready to go. So many warring emotions: excitement, anxiety, and trepidation. I have been called, and I have answered. Let me be the best I can be, and come back safe home.

I will take lots of pics along the way, but as internet resources there are not really available, I will be sending blogs updates and pics if I can by blackberry to Jennifer Hammond, and she will drop them in here as she is able.

If cell service is not available, please trust that I am safe and in God's Hands. If you see me on CNN running through the streets of Port au Prince with an angry mob at my heels, you will then know things have turned ugly. hey - - if I get to meet Anderson Cooper that might be alright....!

Also search out the Samaritan's Purse Festival on the 9th of Jan by Franklin Graham, founder of SP.

And I imagine there will be coverage of the one year anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti as well. Pity that the story of suffering and devastation is only in the public eye when it is 'sensational'....please keep it alive. The suffering continues after the cameras and crews have left.

Pray for me please, and all the team members who will be treating the cholera patients, that political stability comes to Haiti so the rebuilding of the country can truly begin, and that we will all remain healthy.

Tonight - a sleep in my own bed, tomorrow night a bed in Dallas, Texas, and then... Saturday night at the Global Outreach Centre in Haiti.

Michelle