In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Break in the Action

Hi All,

Started feeling a bit poorly last night during shift after midnight. I started the shift feeling more tired than usual, and just got more tired. Was super humid last night and the temp went down to 28 c. Was feeling very thirsty and couldn't quite quench my thirst on the brief breaks. We are not allowed to drink inside the centre, has to be done in the break area after washing. So if it is even a little busy, its difficult to really stay on top of hydration. Even more so for me because I sweat like crazy anyway..... !!!

So I took a break after midnight because I wasn't feeling too well. (I guess 6 night shifts in a row may be my limit)A bit of nausea and a headache. Ended up sleeping for a bit, and then came back to the compound at 4 am. Two of the nurses on our team had to come back to the compound to make their early flights home. I was sent along with them because I was feeling poorly. Reckon I need more sleep, more water, and a break from the heat. No diarrhea so don't panic. :)

Do feel some better as had a sleep this morning and have spent a lot of time in the staff lounge at the compound, which has airconditioning. So. Feeling less green than I was. Thank God! So will get rested up and rejoin my team tomorrow night. Felt really quite emotional and sad to watch them load up and go. :(

So here I am, sitting in the lounge drinking an almost cold coke in the old fashioned tall glass bottles. Is funny seeing the compound at night, for the first time. Is quite lovely.

There are beautiful hills right behind us, and the thickening clouds really look just like a thick gray blanket atop them. Hard to say if it will rain tonight, the clouds look very ready...
Oh, and I will send a pic of last nights torrent as well.... was impressive!!!

Michelle