In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Thursday, January 27, 2011

What I miss.....

Funny, we all thought about what we missed from home while we were in Haiti. Now of course, human nature being what it is, I am thinking about what I miss from Haiti!

The Haitian people. Beautiful, strong, and amazingly tough.

The spirit of being part of a wonderful team.

The unbelievably good smells coming from the mess hall when the Haitian ladies were cooking..... and the meals....! And that yellow juice... so yummy!

A cold coke in the Staff Lounge at the compound - because it was a treat

The feeling of complete weariness after the nightshift, cold shower, and a wee bit of breakfast - and crawling into bed, tucking in the mosquito netting..hmmmmmmmmmm and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................!

The Billy Graham Chaplains....always there, always praying, and so approachable. Thanks you guys :)

The sound of singing in the chapel as you are beginning your sleep after nightshift. Surreal, really.

The translators - amazing, funny, brilliant!! (Jean Marie who could take an amazing medical history...and started learning to do IV's on the IV arm!!)

Brutus's singing and laughter