In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just the Facts......

Hi All,

Made a mistake in my reporting.... Former president who returned to Haiti is Baby Doc. Not Papa Doc. Sorry :)
I must brush up on my 'past dictators' history, it is poor.

Cite Soleil night team went as usual tonight. I had the night off to finish recovering from this stupid cold. I started an antibiotic tonite for sinuses, and am hoping it will help. The decongestants are helping, but my voice is still pretty much gone. Very frustrating to be here and not doing what I came to do. Everyone here says to be patient..... Sigh.

Dr. Nam had tonight off as well, and is a fave of mine. We spent a couple nights manning triage together and I enjoy his company, quick wit, and excellent skills. Cite Soleil night team has nicknamed him "Super Nam", which the Pastor even announced in front at church, lol!!! He and I ended up watching 'Casablanca' in the staff lounge tent. It's the only air conditioned place on base, and we really enjoyed. A cold coke and a movie, yay!!

The night breeze is lovely here, being very close to the ocean. Lots of cloud cover, so no stars tonight. Can hear the crickets doing their thing. And the goats have bedded their silly selves under the Land Rover that takes us back and forth. Feels just like an August summer night at home. Except its January.....!!!!!

Did do some laundry last night in the sink of the shower house. Ran out of Tide so ended up using my 'Sensual Amber' body wash instead.... mmmmm don't I smell lovely?!?! Wonder if the bugs will enjoy it as much as I do? (hope not, lol).
Line dried my items overnight and collected them in the morning before the camp could see my knickers flapping in the breeze!! Eep!!

So 2 or 3 shifts left with my team. Nam, Heather, and I leave on Saturday. Plan is to leave here Saturday, and fly to Miami. Then Miami to San Fransico, staying at the SFO 4 points Sheraton there. Am hoping to take myself out for a ridiculously nice dinner. (Update: ended up at the hotel, and was dialing the room service number as I was running a hot bath....never made it out of the hotel room hahahahaha!)

UPDATE:
Hi all, Noelle just sent me a great link about the arrest of Baby Doc in Haiti :


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/haiti/8268169/Haitis-former-dictator-Jean-Claude-Baby-Doc-Duvalier-charged-with-corruption-in-Haiti.html

The actual facts!!!! Thanks Noelle!!

Love to all,
Michelle