In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Team

Hi all,
Today being Friday, I am mindful that the team members who we left last Saturday in Haiti, will begin their journeys home tomorrow. Was wrenching to leave them on Saturday, but exciting to be homeward bound. I imagine they will be feeling the same on their last full day in Haiti now. They will be the veterans in camp, and will have done their part to welcome the new folk coming in, and help them to integrate into compound and CTC life. And then they will say goodbye, as we did. I am sure they will feel sadness at leaving, and joy at their impending return to their regular lives. Not that any of them are 'regular' come to think of it :)

So I pray for their safe return, to where ever it might be....and that the experience is something they will always think back upon and cherish. I will always be thankful for those I served with there. Thanks guys :) (sniff, sniff, sniff)