In the words of Ewan MacGregor, "The Long Way Down"

I feel that this is where I belong, to be seeing what I am seeing, and meeting the people I am meeting. I feel I absolutely belong in this moment - it's where I should be. And luckily it's where I find myself. -Ewan MacGregor, The Long Way Down


****BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" WHEN YOU REACH THE END OF THE POSTS ON THIS PAGE. THERE ARE +250 POSTS, AND ONLY A FEW ARE ON THIS FIRST PAGE****

Sunday, January 30, 2011

How do you say thanks for a life-changing experience?

Hi all,

My mom always taught us that if we were grateful to someone, we should write a thank you note. (She also said I have more guts than brains...)
So here's my weak attempt at saying thanks for a profound experience -

My gratitude....

For your prayers and encouragement. Without them, I would not have been as courageous, nor as strong.

For reading the blog - and suffering through the poor grammar and spelling (my excuse remains that I was writing at night....hee hee hee) - sharing the experience with you through the blog kept me in connected and in community with you. When I felt homesick and weary, you were all with me, and when I flagged, I knew you were counting on me.

To my family and friends for saying, yeah, go for it Mom......without this I would not have been able to let go...... and just go. And for those who watched over my children, my kitties, and my home - especially when digging out after the heavy snows. Thanks also to my neighbours, who helped out.

To all who have taught me, every piece that has gone into this "work in progress which is me" contributed to being able to go, and do what we were doing. Thanks especially to my tough preceptor who told me once I was 'unflappable".... to which I thought, oohhh, no.... just a really good actress!! (and ya know....if you're not really confident....the next best thing is to ACT like you are...hahahaha)

To Canada - for providing me the best place in the world to grow up in - one that is safe, secure, and has abundant opportunity. A country of freedom and integrity, a place you can come from and stand on the international stage and be seen as one of the 'good guys'.

To Samaritan's Purse, for being where you are needed, and providing what is necessary and good. God Bless you.

To the Haitian people -for showing your beauty, strength, and for keeping us safe, feeding us yummy meals, and mostly for allowing us to care for you, learn from you, and celebrate big (life over death) and small (singing in the middle of the night) victories.

To the Cite Soleil night crew - you are amazing and I feel humble and very happy to have been part of such a thing, with you. Skill...knowledge...experience...amazing faith.....good humour....common sense....and darn good colouring skills....! What more could you ask for in a team surrounding and accepting you as a viable part?

Most of all though, thanks to our Father God, who gently lets me know what I should be doing, and then prods me in no uncertain terms to GET OUT THERE! Thank you for being so patient with me even when I am not quick to listen, and for showing me what I need (again and again until I GET it!). Most of all thank you for the opportunity to be in your refining fire. My humblest thanks for using me, a most imperfect tool.

When I was through speaking today in church, I asked for the song "Watch over Me" by Aaron Shust to be played, and it was. I listened to it frequently when trying to fall asleep in my bunk bed in Haiti after a night shift. I have attached a 'you-tube' video bar to the blog. "Watch over Me" can be found by pressing the orange sunset icon. The lyrics are there as well. Also, as I discovered you can post a video bar element with Youtube to the pages (thus creating a monster...hahahaha) I have also included those on Canada, and the unbelievable "We are the World 25 Haiti" which is worth watching, especially the images whowing the people of Haiti. Please don't forget Haiti.